If you have moseyed over to this post, it means you want to know a little bit more about me! I have put together some frequently asked questions about myself and the LPW brand. I would love to get to know YOU! Are you a bride, fellow wedding vendor, or just someone who loves beautiful blooms and happy brides? Either way, I would love to connect and get to know you! Shoot me an email or just say hello on Instagram. I cant wait to hear from you!
1. Why weddings? In my family growing up, if you behaved well on a trip to the grocery store, you got to pick out a special treat. My sister always went for a candy bar. Me? I wanted a wedding magazine. I had stacks and stacks stowed away under my bed. I would cut out different dresses and centerpieces then tape them together like a story board. I knew from a young age that I loved beautiful designs. But, most importantly, I loved the happy smiling people I saw in my magazines.
2. How did you get into the business? I was almost a Spanish teacher. I started my student teaching and was in a room full of tiny people screaming in Spanish .. yeah that kind of almost a teacher. And my heart just was not in it. I had always loved hospitality and working in restaurants so I packed my bags and transferred to UNC-Greensboro. I switched majors, joined the Hospitality and Tourism program and two and a half years, one internship, and a lot of hustle later, I graduated! I started my journey in events working for a local venue as an event manager and then eventually their wedding coordinator. Leigh Pearce Weddings was born out of a lot of hard work, long nights, working three jobs, sweat, and a few tears. I am so thankful to be full time for three years now!
3. What are some of your favorite places you have worked in? The LPW team and I are based in Greensboro, the heart of NC, and love to travel. The gals and I agree some of our favorites spots we have visited with our dear brides are: Grove Park Inn in Asheville, Duke Chapel in Durham, Graylyn Estate in Winston-Salem, Adaumont Farm in Trinity, Willow Oaks Plantation in Eden, Proximity Hotel in Greensboro, and The Greenbrier in West Virgina. We also all agree that some of our favorite events are hosted at home! Think dreamy tents, lots of twinkle lights, and a million logistics. These events are hard work but the sentiment of being married in a place that means so much to you makes it a favorite!
4. Why Leigh Pearce Weddings and not Leigh Pearce Events? Simply, I love weddings! I love being able to get to know my clients and their families on a personal level. The care and attention to detail that goes into weddings is what drives me to do what I do. I am also lucky that my clients ask me to plan other wedding related celebrations like engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, and bridal showers. Any event that calls for champagne is right up my alley!
5. Name 5 things we don’t know about you.
1) My boyfriend and I are high school sweethearts and have been dating for .. gasp .. 12 years. We have not been in any rush to get married, although I believe the time is drawing near!
2) I am a serious movie buff and will watch anything other than horror movies. My favorites range from Tombstone to The Little Mermaid to Goodfellas. I will also become ridiculously offended if you have not seen Steel Magnolias. My super power is that I can find a way to bring a SM quote into any conversation.
3) I think I might actually have salt water in my veins. I absolutely live for the beach and go at least four times a year. For me, sitting on the shore with my feet in the sand is like recharging this inner battery that I didn’t even know needed charging.
4) Bryan and I have two sweet pound puppies and they are our children. Ellie, our energetic pointer mix, loves to bark at anything with a pulse (or wheels) and can do a million tricks. Jake, our persnickety beagle mix, likes to hog the covers and lay at my feet while I work.
5) My office work day essentials include a giant cup of coffee in my favorite Minnie Mouse mug, Kayne’s College Dropout and Otis Redding shuffling on Spotify, and my favorite Rewined candle.