Today, my dear friend, Allison, sales and event manager with Painted Plate Catering, is sharing her thoughts on the perks of a wedding planner. Allison really goes above and beyond for all of clients and I absolutely love working with her. She is always game for my crazy ideas and really works with me to create an exceptional event!
Over the past 15 years, I have worked, managed or helped plan the catering side of thousands of weddings. A wedding is supposed to be about love, fun, remembering and the overall experience. A wedding planner ensures that the focus of your event is on those details and not on stress, logistics and troubleshooting.
My first experience with brides was at a restaurant on the beach specializing in destination weddings. I was the one who planned the details of their wedding experience (outside of selecting their color palette, fashion and airline preferences). 95% of my brides were over the moon happy, because with professional planning they didn’t have to worry about much of anything. The other 5% realized, after the fact, they should have let me do the planning. They spent all of their time worrying about what they did or didn’t do that they lost sight of the most important part: getting married to their other half!!
In my current position as a sales manager for a full service catering company, I cannot begin to even explain how wonderful it is to work with an experienced wedding planner, especially someone like Leigh. Honestly, it makes my job that much easier. By the time the planner calls me, they have already talked to the clients about what they want their experience to be, then I just have to share and create the best menu selections for their experience.
Whether you are having a small gathering in your yard or a large extravagant wedding, hiring a wedding planner should be your first phone call. Make sure the one you hire is experienced, has multiple references and is a good fit for you and your family. Remember, it’s all about the experience and memories!
F5 Photography | Brittany and Glen’s Groome Inn Wedding in Greensboro, NC
Talk about #swooncity. Brittany and Glen’s secret garden inspired wedding was the stuff DIY dreams are made of. Brittany expertly crafted so many special details (from the beautiful moss monograms hanging on the front porch of the venue to over 100 mason jar wine glasses). And if you have ever wondered why May is a popular time of year to tie the knot, take a look at those gorgeous peonies and garden roses in the bouquets and arrangements! So how do you get this look? The pastel color palette of blush pink, stark whites, rosey corals, touches of hazel blue and mossy green really set the tone for the day and paired beautifully with the venue. Small but special details like the skeleton keys in the boutonnieres and topiaries on the porch and head table transported you to a secret garden. What do you think of this look?
Perry Vaile Photography | Jamie + Brandon’s Old Salem and Brookstown Inn Wedding in Winston-Salem, NC
As an event designer, when a client truly trusts your vision and tells you to run with it? That is where the magic happens. Jamie completely trusted me to pull together some non-holiday colors (navy, mustard, and fern) marry that with a Williamsburg Christmas look (fruits, evergreens, texture) with a side of handmade touches (these two are old souls and collectors). The result: amazing!!! Follow the link above to see more the details and perhaps get inspired for your table for the upcoming holidays!
If you have moseyed over to this post, it means you want to know a little bit more about me! I have put together some frequently asked questions about myself and the LPW brand. I would love to get to know YOU! Are you a bride, fellow wedding vendor, or just someone who loves beautiful blooms and happy brides? Either way, I would love to connect and get to know you! Shoot me an email or just say hello on Instagram. I cant wait to hear from you!
1. Why weddings? In my family growing up, if you behaved well on a trip to the grocery store, you got to pick out a special treat. My sister always went for a candy bar. Me? I wanted a wedding magazine. I had stacks and stacks stowed away under my bed. I would cut out different dresses and centerpieces then tape them together like a story board. I knew from a young age that I loved beautiful designs. But, most importantly, I loved the happy smiling people I saw in my magazines.
2. How did you get into the business? I was almost a Spanish teacher. I started my student teaching and was in a room full of tiny people screaming in Spanish .. yeah that kind of almost a teacher. And my heart just was not in it. I had always loved hospitality and working in restaurants so I packed my bags and transferred to UNC-Greensboro. I switched majors, joined the Hospitality and Tourism program and two and a half years, one internship, and a lot of hustle later, I graduated! I started my journey in events working for a local venue as an event manager and then eventually their wedding coordinator. Leigh Pearce Weddings was born out of a lot of hard work, long nights, working three jobs, sweat, and a few tears. I am so thankful to be full time for three years now!
3. What are some of your favorite places you have worked in? The LPW team and I are based in Greensboro, the heart of NC, and love to travel. The gals and I agree some of our favorites spots we have visited with our dear brides are: Grove Park Inn in Asheville, Duke Chapel in Durham, Graylyn Estate in Winston-Salem, Adaumont Farm in Trinity, Willow Oaks Plantation in Eden, Proximity Hotel in Greensboro, and The Greenbrier in West Virgina. We also all agree that some of our favorite events are hosted at home! Think dreamy tents, lots of twinkle lights, and a million logistics. These events are hard work but the sentiment of being married in a place that means so much to you makes it a favorite!
4. Why Leigh Pearce Weddings and not Leigh Pearce Events? Simply, I love weddings! I love being able to get to know my clients and their families on a personal level. The care and attention to detail that goes into weddings is what drives me to do what I do. I am also lucky that my clients ask me to plan other wedding related celebrations like engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, and bridal showers. Any event that calls for champagne is right up my alley!
5. Name 5 things we don’t know about you.
1) My boyfriend and I are high school sweethearts and have been dating for .. gasp .. 12 years. We have not been in any rush to get married, although I believe the time is drawing near!
2) I am a serious movie buff and will watch anything other than horror movies. My favorites range from Tombstone to The Little Mermaid to Goodfellas. I will also become ridiculously offended if you have not seen Steel Magnolias. My super power is that I can find a way to bring a SM quote into any conversation.
3) I think I might actually have salt water in my veins. I absolutely live for the beach and go at least four times a year. For me, sitting on the shore with my feet in the sand is like recharging this inner battery that I didn’t even know needed charging.
4) Bryan and I have two sweet pound puppies and they are our children. Ellie, our energetic pointer mix, loves to bark at anything with a pulse (or wheels) and can do a million tricks. Jake, our persnickety beagle mix, likes to hog the covers and lay at my feet while I work.
5) My office work day essentials include a giant cup of coffee in my favorite Minnie Mouse mug, Kayne’s College Dropout and Otis Redding shuffling on Spotify, and my favorite Rewined candle.